1.What to do With a Puppy That Lacks An Appetite
A puppy with no appetite is a serious problem that needs to be solved quickly. Under such circumstances, you may have to forcefully feed your tiny puppy. If you are unsure how to do this, then drive them to a veterinarian and have him show you. If you want to attempt to treat a lack of appetite or hypoglycemia in the puppy on your own, here is some advise :
1. Try and tempt the puppy with some Gerber Babyfood meatsticks.
2. Use Nutrical three times a day on a puppy that's not eating. Give one inch of gel in the morning, one inch at noon, and one inch at night.
3. Try using a dropper and slowy force some Esbilac Puppy Milk or Lactaid whole milk into the puppy's mouth. If you need to force feed you need a Vet.
4. Try using unflavored Pedialyte. Use a large, child sized medicine dropper and slowly squeeze the liquid into the puppies mouth. Add teaspoon of sugar to one cup of this liquid.
5. PUPPY VITAMIN DROPS a few drops given three times daily can help a puppy recover if they are weakened by low blood sugar.
Have the veterinarian do a blood test and a fecal test to try and determine what may be wrong.
Small Puppy Care Guide - Introduction
I'm a responsible, experienced dog breeder located in California, and have been in this line of work going on 3 decades. When you've been working with dogs as long as I have, you learn about the different kinds of foods available for puppies, and which ones offer the best nutrition for their health, and one has to consider size of nuggets to lessen choking risks.
If you plan on purchasing a new puppy, whether it's one of my Chihuahua puppies for sale or another small breed you'll need to know how to feed them properly.
It is not as simple as placing some dry food next to them and calling it a day; it requires a bit more work than that to ensure that the puppy thrives.
Supplies - The Things You'll Need
These are the supplies I feel are absolutely necessary to have on hand for your new Chihuahua puppy. Most, if not all of these items can be found at your local grocery store or online.
1. Lactaid lactose free whole milk
During the first week puppies may not take in enough fluids or calories and this is a way to get both into them. Warm up an ounce twice a day.
2. Gerber Baby Rice Flakes (This is optional for bigger pups) . The flakes are a way to help the runty pups put on some weight and also supply extra carbs . A tsp dry flakes to couple ounces Lactose free milk.)
3. Dry Food: Eukanuba chicken formulas.
Very tiny sized knibble which reduces risks of puppy choking.food should be available day and night until at least 7 months old at which time you may start to change over to another high quality food and not feed at night.
is a handy calorie supplement to have. It's an easily disgested, low volume gel that you can give to your puppy. The reason I recommend Nutrical is because sometimes, small puppies will burn through more calories than they take in, which results in low blood sugar. To prevent this from happening, giving a Chihuahua puppy an inch of gel at midday will go a long way in maintaining blood sugar.
5. Karo Syrup, clear color
Karo Syrup serves as a potential life saver if your puppy, for whatever reason, is effected by low blood sugar. A sudden attack of low blood sugar can be lethal, so having Karo Syrup nearby to give them a few them by mouth is a real difference maker.GET TO VET If your puppy is weak.